Friday, January 8, 2010

Chemotherapy - 8 sessions in total.

Initially 6 Session of CHOP Chemotherapy was decided. The CHO represent 3 different Medicine for IV Drip. So one hour for 1 bag, total 3 hour of drip per therapy. P stands for Prednisoine (Steriod) a oral medicine.

During my Chemotherapy days, I didn't suffered much but I have got a slight complications, there is a clot somewhere and I have to take a blood thinner meds so that my arm doesn't swell up. Still, my side symptons was bearable. I didn't vomit much, I still ate and I didn't have the headache, the stomach or whatever. Just the usual symptons at a pain level maybe of 3/10?

My voice slightly came back in July 2003, I was ectastic because it only meant that the tumour is shrinking and returning my voice back to me.

In August 2003, after my 4th Chemotherapy, I was informed that The lump has reduce to 4 x 3cm. The doctor, suspect it might be scar tissue or I might want to do a Radiotherapy to NICK it at the butt. The doctor also advised me to go for another 2 more round of chemotherapy. But will only be confirm after I finished my 6th session.

In Oct 2003, the lump reduced further to 3x1cm. But because of these size, Dr Lim has decided for me to go for 2 round of chemotherapy and since the tumour is reacting to the Chemotherapy he spare me of going to Radiotherapy. (WHICH i regret till today, I should have gone for it then ...)

With these, I go through Nov 03 and Dec 03 in peace thinking that the nightmare will end in Jan 2004 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment